Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead (1991)








It's not a Martin Scorcese masterpiece and you could drive Mrs. Sturak's Buick through some of the plot holes, but Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead is a delightful coming-of-age teen flick.  Christina Applegate covers up the twins and shows she has some acting chops and a special bonus for me that it co-stars Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988) alumni Danielle Harris.  Keith Coogan also deserves an honorable mention as slacker turned culinary wiz Kenny.  The film also has a few memorable one liners, one used in the workplace to this very day - "I'm right on the top of that (insert boss' name)" 


Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead was filmed in Santa Clarita, Hollywood, Mission Hills, Lake View Terrace, Santa Monica and Sun Valley, CA

Location: The Crandell House
Address: 15548 Iron Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA




The dishes are done, man...






This was also The Lubbock House on Just The Ten Of Us (1988-1990)


Location: The Mortuary
Address: 11500 Sepulveda Boulevard, Mission Hills, CA


Thanks to Lindsay at Iamnotastalker.com for finding this location.












Location: Clown Dog
Address: 7660 W Sunset Boulevard, CA




Location: Chuck E Cheese
Address: 8353 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Sun Valley, CA










Chuck E Cheese moved a few doors down since the movie was filmed...







Location: Sue Ellen & Gus' Lunch Date
Address: 1551 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA Del Frisco's Grille







Location: River Ridge Hospital
Address: 11500 Eldridge Avenue, Los Angeles, CA





The covered drop off area is gone but the building is still recognizable.




Locations Visited: March 2016, October 2016



3 comments:

  1. Thank you soooo much! I was constantly trying to find this information..Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best movie I have been seen in my life, Christina Applegate, you are the best, I will loving her forever, well I was on my country when I seen that movie on first time, I know some guys are death, but now I m here on Los Angeles, CA. living bye 18 years, it's was 30 years ago when I seen it, now I m 45 and I m still like it ( February 06, 2022) the best music, the best comedy, and hopefully a lot of people watch it, enjoy guys on this crazy era from covid 19.😀

    ReplyDelete