Monday, September 25, 2017

Dawson's Creek (1998-2003)





There was a Hollywood youthquake in the late 90's thanks in part to Scream (1996) and I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997) mastermind Kevin Williamson, who also created this teen angst drama with hip, snappy dialogue.  Dawson's Creek was loosely based on his adolescent years with himself represented in the title character.  It became a flagship of The WB's creek ;-) even though it was never a ratings powerhouse and delayed Paula Cole's descent into obscurity for a bit.  I was a casual fan my senior year of college and the only thing that I can remember is Abby plummeting off the pier so this is not my most thorough post.  Dawson's Creek locations were on the bottom of my to-do list when I was in North Carolina too, so this is also one of my leanest.

Dawson's Creek was filmed in Wilmington, NC



Location: Capeside High School
Address: 601 South College Road, Wilmington, NC

Aldermann Hall, The University of North Carolina Wilmington











Location: The Ice House
Address: 1308 Airlie Road, Wilmington, NC

Interiors for the restaurant where Joey worked for her sister were filmed here...







Location: Jen & Grams' Boston House
Address: 111 Ann Street, Wilmington, NC








Locations Visited: April 2017 





No comments:

Post a Comment