Saturday, February 17, 2018

Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990)





I will never tire of watching Gremlins (1984).  It's part of my annual not-a-Christmas movie-but-takes-place-at-Christmas-movie marathon I have every Thanksgiving weekend.  I had seen bits and pieces of the sequel sometime in the early 90s.  I finally decided to watch it in it's entirety last year, only I couldn't make it through the entire thing.  I was not impressed and felt the original deserved better.  I didn't consider doing any locations for it but since I was home during the season of giving and a fellow location guru was in need of a few shots, I figured I'd make myself a hero.  Location hunting in the winter comes with great responsibility and one should abide by 3 important rules: Never location hunt when when you're recovering from the flu.  Never location hunt when it's ten degrees.  And never ever forget your gloves with the removable fingers so you can take pictures without getting frostbite!

Gremlins 2: The New Batch was filmed in New York, NY and Burbank, CA



Location: Chinatown (New York)
Address: Canal Street & Mott Street, New York, NY









This is the intersection of Mott Street & Moscow Street...





Location: Chinatown 
Address: Warner Brothers Studios - Hennessy Street, Burbank, CA

Some shots of Chinatown were filmed on Hennessy Street on the Warner Brothers Backlot, where the mogwai shop from the original film is... 





Location: Time Square
Address: 45th Street between 7th Avenue & Broadway, New York, NY




Billy and Kate cross W 46th Street...



Manhattan's top tourist attraction has been seen in many a film taking place in The Big Apple including The Devil Wears Prada (2006) and Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)


Location: The Clamp Building
Address: 101 Park Avenue, New York, NY

Billy and Kate first cross E 41st Street...
















Location: The Police Station
Address: 138 W 30th Street b/w 6th and 7th Avenue, New York, NY











Locations Visited: October, 2016, December 2017


Related Locations:

Gremlins (1984)



1 comment:

  1. Nice palace of New York. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete