Sunday, July 14, 2019

The Wonder Years (1988-1993)






What would you do if I sang out of tune?  Would you stop visiting this blog? The Wonder Years was a coming-of-age dramedy for baby-boomers as Kevin Arnold recalled his adolescent years in a middle-class suburban family during a time of great change in America.  As a child of the decade of excess, I didn't quite meet the demographic for The Wonder Years, but I remember ABC promoting the hell out of it so I tuned in, partly because I watched it's lead-in, Who's The Boss? (1984-1992).  I was just a casual viewer but one episode I remember is when Mrs. Arnold doesn't want Kevin to play football and takes him shopping for new pants, some awfully roomy in the crotch.  It wasn't until years later did I realize adult Kevin was narrated by Marv from Home Alone (1990).  The show was a hit with critics, had Emmy nominations up the wazoo and is found on many "best television shows of all time" lists.


Location: The Arnold House
Address: 516 University Avenue, Burbank, CA






Location: Winnie's House #1
Address: 525 University Avenue, Burbank, CA




Location: Winnie's House #2
Address: 501 Tufts Avenue, Burbank, CA





Location: Paul's House
Address: 536 University Avenue, Burbank, CA







Locations Visited: October 2018


1 comment:

  1. The epidsode at the roller skating rink in Glendale, CA

    ReplyDelete